A good kitchen design will provide you with a warm and welcoming space, for lively evening meals, delicious smells drifting in and out and for all the family to meet and catch up on the day’s events. And with Summer well under way, the traditional and welcoming country kitchen style is making a huge comeback, as people look for ways to bring the outdoors in.
The country kitchen style is a reaction against the sleek, minimalist design and sharp lines of contemporary kitchens, but this doesn’t mean a country kitchen can’t still be modern and stylish.
The design experts here at XL Joinery know exactly what to look out for when designing the perfect country kitchen, and have shared just a few of their top tips:
- Try the combination of wood flooring, simple white walls and simple yet rustic oak furniture, complemented with a splash of colour and some traditional crockery and ornaments.
- Think interesting and patterned splashbacks and black handles on wooden cupboards – the smallest details can make all the difference.
- Make sure your internal doors reflect the country feel, try an oak door with clear glass panes to allow the natural light to flood the space
- Exposed red brickwork matched with earthy red and blue floor tiles.
- Mix it up a bit – combine sleek, contemporary countertops with traditional cabinets
- The combination of cream tones with rustic oak furniture – you simply can’t go wrong!